Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Charming Haleiwa Town - North Shore, Oahu, Hawaii


Haleiwa is a quaint and artsy small town on the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii.  I highly recommend everyone that visits Oahu and Waikiki to be sure to make time for the North Shore.   In the background in my photo above you can see there is a small boat harbor there.  Near the boat harbor is a nice restaurant, Haleiwa Joe's, where I have had lunch several times.


 I just wanted to share more views of the beach in the photos above.   Haleiwa is located on Waialua Bay at the mouth of Anahula River.   Most of the time the water is very calm, which makes it excellent for a family time at the beach with all of your children.
Rainbow Bridge 

Anahula Stream Bridge, also called Rainbow Bridge, is a one-way traffic bridge that spans the Anahula River or stream.  It was built in 1921.  I have painted this bridge on canvas previously; love the blooming African Tulip Tree in the foreground ! Below are my photographs showing some people paddeling under the bridge.



The photo directly above would make a good painting.   This scene is obviously the other side of the bridge they just paddled under.   

People line up and wait for Matsumoto's shave ice, which is said to be the best on the island.   It is similar to a snow cone, but much better.   This popular store in Haleiwa has been open at this location for over half a century.   

Outrigger canoes are always at this particular spot at Haleiwa beach.   Below is one of my oil paintings of the area.
"Haleiwa Paradise"
12" x 16" oil on canvas
Available

An excellent link for more information on Haleiwa may be found at http://haleiwatown.com .  There you will find a video gallery as well as a webcam and photos, and information on restaurants and lodging .  
I have many more photographs I could share, but I will save them for another post.

My Website
reynoldsrenditons@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment