Tuesday, July 6, 2021

WHEN YOUR VERY FOUNDATIONS ARE SHAKEN ! (With Videos - One A Sermon by Pastor Charles Lawson)


                                           [Above Diamond Head Beach - Oahu, Hawaii]

Somehow, my photograph above reminds me of how some people live only for pleasure (such as surfing and other water sports), not to mention the darker types of pleasure involving deep dark sinful practices and lewd conduct.  Don't get me wrong !  God wants us to take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of His creation;  in the many blessings He provides.  Go surf!  Go on adventure trips!  Enjoy life!  Just do not forget God!  Do not forget the One Who created you and Who loves you!   We should always put God first in our lives, as Christians are well aware of.  

An excellent example of putting the good Lord first and of obeying Him completely is Hosea. Hosea was a prophet of the Old Testament times who  put his wants and desires aside and did exactly as God told him.  In fact, in the following 48 minute sermon by Pastor Charles Lawson, the pastor clarifies  vividly and clearly how Hosea actually lived out the experiences of the prophecy he proclaimed and taught....His life was the message ! 


Please realize this sermon is relevant to you and me today!  Many spiritual gems are to be found and digested and savored in Pastor Lawson's excellent teaching on Hosea!  For instance, when Hosea paid money to get back his wife, Gomer, (giving her another chance), it was like Hosea - in a sense - "ransomed her"- and it is a picture  of the coming "Redeemer" ( meaning Jesus Christ).  God loves you, and there is no greater love than that!   Personally, that is what keeps many believers, and myself, hanging on for dear life to the blessed hope we have in God and Jesus.  (Titus 2:13-14).

                                                                       *  *  *  *    *    *  

Amazing how recently I read a portion of a small book by D. L. Moody that fits in with our discussion on this post.  I have had that book for several years, but only very recently read this portion concerning the difference between the love of Jesus in contrast to other religions:  

Moody:  "Christianity alone will stand the test of raising man out of the pit.  And how does it propose to do it? Not by minimizing the danger and need.  It says: "The whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.  From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds and bruises and putrefying sores."  It demands as the first necessity  a new birth, regeneration by the Holy Spirit.  "Ye must be born again."  It does not place sanctification before justification, but having first  imparted life from above, it throws around the redeemed sinner the love of Christ and the fellowship and guidance of the Holy Spirit.    ...

"A converted Chinaman once said:  "I was down in a deep pit, half sunk in the mire, crying for someone to help me out.  As I looked up I saw a venerable, grayhaired man looking down at me.  
"My son,' he said, 'this is a dreadful place.'
"' Yes,' I answered, 'I fell into it: can't you help me out?'
" 'My son, ' was his reply, 'I am Confucius.  If you had read my books and followed what they taught, you would never have been here.'
" 'Yes, father,' I said, 'but can't you help me out?'
" As I looked, he was gone.  Soon I saw another form approaching, and another man bent over me, this time with with closed eyes and folded arms.  He seemed to be looking to some far-off place.
" 'My son,' Buddha said, 'just close your eyes and fold your arms, and forget all about yourself.  Get into a state of rest.  Don't think about anything that can disturb.  Get so still that nothing can move you.  Then, my child, you will be in such delicious rest as I am.'
" ' Yes, father, ' I answered, ' I will when I am above ground. Can't you help me out?'  But Buddah, too, was gone.
I was just beginning to sink into despair when I saw another figure above me, different from the others.  There were marks of suffering on His face.  I cried out to Him: 
" ' O, Father! can you help me?'
" 'My child,' He said, ' what is the matter?'
" Before I could answer Him, He was down in the mire by my side.  He folded His arms about me and lifted me up; the He fed me and rested me.  When I was well He did not say: ' Now don't do that again,' but He said:  'We will walk on together now'; and we have been walking together until this day. "

"This was a poor Chinaman's way of telling of the compassionate love and help of the Lord Jesus."      - end of Moody's quote.




The Chinaman's relating of how Jesus is so loving and compassionate and merciful, made me misty eyed.  And in the above sermon video by Pastor Lawson, he mentions that our attitude should be to "Look into the face of the devil and sing "Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me."  What a wonderful hymn that is!  For a long time I would actually cry when it was sung in church services (not loud and audibly, but usually with tears flowing down my face) , because that beautiful hymn made me realize all the gratitude I should have for the Lord for saving a sinner so great as I ! And it also made me realize how greatly He loves His children - even me!  Here is a lovely version of that much loved hymn:




"The name of Jesus is greater than any of your problems and any of your pain.  When in the middle of a spiritual battle that you cannot explain - claim the name of Jesus !!"   - So the following encouraging video tells us !  Please watch the 12 minute video by the fantastic Christian You Tube Channel "Grace For Purpose".  It will encourage you and strengthen you with its message!



"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave Himself for us that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works." -  Titus 2:13-14

"But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared.  Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost, Which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; that being justified by His grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life."   -  Titus 3:4-7

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  -   John 3:16



God loves you !

Have blessed day!




No comments:

Post a Comment