Friday, December 16, 2011

North Shore, Oahu - Waimea Bay

Today I just needed to get out of the studio for a while, and when I heard the surf on the North Shore of Oahu was going to peak today at 18 to 22 feet I knew where I needed to be.    I visited 3 beaches today, but below are some photos of Waimea Bay you will enjoy.




The top photo is fantastic to give you an idea of how high the waves were today.  The lifeguards at the beach kept telling people there was no swimming allowed as it was too dangerous and there were rip currents.   In the winter the North Shore of Oahu always has high surf periods, and people come from all over the world to view or participate in the surfing competitions held here at that time.  

I have painted Waimea Bay a couple of times.  I have included the lifeguard boat in the paintings, but they keep moving the boat almost every time I am there.   I am rather found of that boat !  (To include in paintings, that is).   Below is a photo of it taken today .



Please visit again soon as I will be posting more beach photographs in the future, plus a variety of other subject matter as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment