Thursday, May 5, 2016

"Thoughts On Faith and Strength From God" - Inspirational Weekend




There are several topics whirling around in my brain that I want to discuss here, but I need to focus on only one or two or this post could go on for pages.   I want to talk a bit about faith and about strength from God.   I recently had a lesson in faith and strength from the Lord.   I had over-exerted myself and suffered extreme pain as a  result.  Then on top of that I had pneumonia.    I spent a  good deal of time flat on my back, so I had a lot of time to just think, and think some more.  I wondered what lesson God was trying to teach me in all this.    I guess the obvious is to not over-extend myself physically.   Basically I came to the conclusion that God just wanted me to be still and know that He was God  (Psalm 46:10); to meditate on His Word and to be in prayer and to have faith  and patience to be healed.

God wants to show Himself strong on our behalf.  Surrender to Him today and and He will give you peace that will fill your very soul.  We cannot fully serve God without full surrender to His strength.   "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: Be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."  -  Isaiah 41:10

God's strength is made perfect in our weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9).  You need to trust in God so  completely that He is your strength.   That takes faith.   

"Faith, as Paul saw it, was a living, flaming thing leading to surrender and obedience to the commandments of Christ."  -  A.W. Tozer



Many people struggle with a lack of faith.   According to the apostle Paul, we are to "walk by faith and not by sight."  (2 Corinthians 5:7)  .   Don't follow your perceptions of what is true; instead follow what you know to be true by faith.  God is a stranger to many people.....they don't read His Word or pray daily and are therefore less likely to believe what God says if they ever hear or read His Word.   The way to end this is to spend many hours in God's Word so you may come to know Him and have an intimate, personal relationship with Him through Jesus Christ.  

Romans 10:17 says,  "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God."

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.."  -  Hebrews 11:6



"Every element of self-reliance must be slain by the power of God.  Complete weakness and dependence will always be the occasion for the Spirit of God to manifest His Power."  
-  Oswald Chambers

Next time you are ill and flat on your back, or you are experiencing many trials and hardships,  ask God what lesson He is trying to teach you.  Most of the time all these things happen to make you realize your weakness and to turn to God for answers, direction, guidance and to therefore draw you closer to God and Jesus.   God is your strength.    A verse I love is found at Nehemiah 8:10b ,
"....for the joy of the LORD is your strength."

I am very fond of the following song by Don Moen,  "God Will Make A Way"



"Seek the LORD and His strength, seek His face continually."   -  I Chronicles 16:11

"These things I have spoken unto you,that in Me ye might have peace.  In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."   -  Jesus speaking at John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment