Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Current Events and Bible Prophecy - Paul's Rapture Or Near-death Experience ? (With videos)


Both topics in the title above seemed so important that I decided to include two recent videos in this post and to discuss them both briefly, while letting the videos and Scriptures be the main sources of information and not my comments.  

"It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory.  I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.  I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell:  God knoweth;) such a one caught up to the third heaven.  And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter."   -  2 Corinthians 12:1-4

A long time ago I ran across information on these verses above that what Paul probably experienced was a near-death experience. The fact that it happened 14 years previous to his recording it here made one commentator believe that that was when Paul was stoned and left for dead at Lystra (Acts 14:19).  What this commentator was ignoring is the Scripture found at Hebrews 9:27 which follows:

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment."

Following is a video by Gary Stearman of Prophecywatchers.com in which he believes Paul's experience was more like a rapture, as was also experienced by Enoch and Elijah.   This is compatible with Paul's statement in 2 Corinthians 12:2-3, where he uses the words "caught up" which in the Greek is harpazo which means a snatching away suddenly as in the rapture.   



Did you hear about how the Syrians fired a couple of rockets towards Israeli planes earlier this month?  Israel promptly destroyed those rocket launchers.  That was the first time that Israel was actually attacked by Syria.  In the following video on Middle East events in the light of Bible prophecy,  Amir Tsarfati tells us that everything happening in the Middle East right now is moving us fast toward the Rapture of the Church.   He touches on other subjects as well in this video.



Believers in Christ, lift up your heads and rejoice for your deliverance is near !!   (Luke 21:28)


Colossians 3:1-2 tells us:  "If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.  Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth."

"In My Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself, that where I am, there ye may be also."   -  Jesus at John 14:2-3







No comments:

Post a Comment